Friday, July 04, 2008

Potty Training... I must be crazy!




Yesterday we began potty training. I wasn't going to do it yet. Aiden didn't seem all that interested, but I thought well lets give it a go and see what happens. We took away the diaper, and I loaded him with liquids and made him sit every 10 minutes until he went. Well he did and we danced, we shouted, we gave treats. He was so proud he jumped up and down yelling "Yea Aiden!" I put his potty seat in the kitchen so that he could get there quickly, and reminded him over and over again. I was so proud of him. We had no accidents yesterday and several successful attempts. He would be playing with toys and would stop and go running to the potty. The problem that I had was with the actual potty. It is hard for him to get his boy equipment pointing into the seat and in return it can sometimes spray everywhere. So I learned very quickly to have the sink full of mopping water. I mopped more yesterday than well... I mopped alot. SO far today has been successful, we will continue to work on it. I just fear going out. For now we will put on the diaper if we go out.

Tonight we will see fireworks. We have started talking about them and describing them as "good booms." Taylor will be with my mom and dad but she still had to dress for the occasion. She has started to wiggle her self around on the floor. If I lay her on her blanket to play, I sometimes find her off of her blanket and 360 degrees from where she started. She has most recently begun to arch her back like she wants to roll over. She is a crazy little girl. She is so sweet and we love her so much.

Yesterday I ws trying to make Aiden's lunch and Taylor was also hungry. So she was fussing and I looked over and Aiden had given her the pacifier and was lightly bouncing her bouncy seat and was saying SShh, SShh, SShh. What a sweet thing.

Vacation time is coming and I can't wait to see my sweet little nieces. I am starting to dread the drive up....
Happy fourth of July!!!!

No comments: