Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Beach trip

Mark and I took the kids to St. George last weekend to visit Uncle Cody, Melanie and Yaya. We were a little worried because it rained off and on the whole way to the island but by the time that we got there the rain cleared up and it was just overcast enough that we were able to play and have fun without the scorching summer heat. We mostly played in the sand. Because there was a tropical storm way out in the middle of somewhere the water was extremely rough and full of seaweed. Taylor of course loves the adventure and Aiden like me could do without the seaweed. We stuck close to the beach.

St. George is a special place to me. Growing up it is where I spent a lot of my summer time. I have a lot of memories associated with this place. I crave it. I miss it. It is where Mark took me and proposed. It frightens me that this place that I knew so very well as a child might not be as beautiful as it once was because of the current oil spilling into the Gulf on a daily basis. I think I have written about this before but it truly hurts my heart to think about the gorgeous land, animals, fishermen, and future memories. So...we go when we can.





















No comments: