Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times


Its been so long since I have blogged.  I thought for sure that I would have a chance once school was out for the holidays, but quite honestly the holidays were such a whirlwind I am sad to say that I just didn't have time.  You know it might be easier if we didn't live in the boonies where the thought of high speed is just a dream.  Uploading photos without it usually takes all day, and no I am not exaggerating.
The holidays were fun, frustrating, exhilarating, exhausting, magical, and heart breaking. 

 The Saturday after I got out of school I started potty training boot camp and somehow m
anaged to potty train Aiden.  He did such an amazing job.  Once we got the
 job done at home, I was a little hesitant in taking him in the car because we have such a long drive both ways.  He was 
such a little champ.  The first time we pulled over quite a few times and were successful each time.  Now we have not had any other problems with this.

We made sure to visit Dorothy Oven to view
 the lights and play at the park.  Aiden loved this and of course Taylor enjoyed some stroller walking.  His descriptions are so sweet and so innocent.  We heard things like "wow, its so beautiful!"  all through the park. 

 Over the break I brought home the movie "Olive the other Reindeer" for Aiden to watch, and if you have not seen this I highly recommend it. It is about a dog named Olive who thinks that Santa needs her help for Christmas.  So, whenever Aiden saw a reindeer figure over the break he
 called them all Olive. Several ti
mes a day we got re
quests to "watch Olive please."  It quickly became my least favorite movie. 

We spent Christmas Eve with my parents 
and then Christmas morning at our house and lunch with my family later.  I made a yummy dinner and even pulled out the china.  Aiden tore through presents and was so excited with each
 and gift big or small.  I swear I could probably wrap up some of his toys that I have put away and play with later, and that would have been fine with him.  He got pretty carried away with tearing through paper and I had to re-wrap some gifts we had not given out.
For my birthday day Mark and I took the kids to Ms. Amanda's house and enjoyed the day running around together.  It was so quiet.  It was so nice.

Mark's parents came right before New Years and played and we all had a nice time.

New Years Eve we were going to take advantage of some free babysitting, and go hang out with some friends.  Before we were to go out that evening, our dog Coletrane ran away.  Mark and his dad took off looking for him, and after a while I went looking as well.  Unfortunately we found him right after he had gotten hit by a car.  He was still alive, but only hung on for a short time.  

We have been devastated.  The death of our Coletrane has really rocked our world.  We spent many days just simply depressed not really knowing what to do with ourselves. We are slowly feeling better but when Aiden asks about him it stirs everything up again.  We think that he was the best worst  dog ever.  We miss him a lot.  Words cannot really describe feelings but the whole thing shook us hard!

After new years some of my girlfriends got together and had a birthday hangout night for me.  It was nice to be away and to catch up with such sweet friends.  I had a really nice time and a wonderful desert.  Thanks Michelle!

Mark and I celebrated 7 years of marriage this past Monday.  We had a wonderful time together.  I am so lucky to have such a great man to be my husband.  He is my rock and my best friend.  I love you Mark-o (yeah right like he really read this..haha!)  

So Christmas holiday was wonderful and horrible all at the same time.  I know that I have wonderful irreplaceable family and friends.  I love you all! 

Happy New Year!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
 

No comments: