Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's Friday!

Work is going very well. Aiden loves it and so do I. My class started this week and I have the cutest little kids. They are extremely little compared to the kids I have been teaching for the past couple of years so that has taken some getting used to. The other thing that I am used to is having maybe 2 parents show up for orientation. This is not the case at Celebration. Laura, (my co-teacher) and I had close to 40 family members in our room at one time this past Tuesday. Moms, Dads, Grandma's and they all brought their video camera's and camera's. I felt like breathing into a paper bag at one point, but it ended very well. I had 3 mom's ask to be our room mom. It is so nice to have parent involvement.
Aiden is coming home completely worn out from his day. He goes to bed at about 7:30 and I am struggling to wake him up to go to school in the morning. Mark and I usually bring him into our room in the morning and he continues to sleep with the lights on, the news on the t.v. and Mark and I calling his name to wake him up. He is his father's son.

The other thing that happened this week is that Aiden had two little teeth cut through his bottom gum. Today they were hurting him some but with a few teething tablets and baby tylenol we were on our way to smiley land. He is such a sweet boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby. It has to be a blessing that you found a safe, friendly place for you and Aiden to work and felloship with others. Lets hope he grows up and is as PERFECT as his father. Mark seems to really be getting into this fatherhood role. Love you all. Grumpa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you are both enjoying it . . . and I know it must be a NICE change for you to have parent involvement!

Hope all is well, would love to see you guys sometime soon, maybe this weekend???